Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just a little trim...

Is what we told the hair dresser that we visited last weekend for David's first haircut. I truly was not ready for this highly anticipated moment, but daddy convinced me that it was time for the little curl in the back to go {see before picture; mommy almost cried, it was the piece that we kept for his baby book}. Daddy and I like his hair a little longer but thought it needed a little shaping. We made the hair dresser aware of this and off to cutting she went....and more cutting....and more cutting....finally we told her to stop and that it was good as is. At one point daddy pointed out the hair still hanging over David's ears and she said she was going to use the clippers, which in return got a simultaneous "no" from the both of us! All in all it went okay; David managed to stay preoccupied for the majority of the haircut;it is really hard to keep him still for a period of time and he got a little fussy there at the end. Daddy and I have decided we are going to let his hair grow a little more before we attempt this again; if mommy had it her way he probably would end up looking like Kate Hudson's son Ryder because I am so terrified of what these ladies will do to his hair.



{this is a picture from little gym that shows his curl a.k.a baby rat tail}

2 comments:

shalonda said...

oh dear goodness i would have screamed if you had let her use those clippers! he does look pretty hansome it was the perfect amount of a trim

Rob and Leah said...

I know what you mean about the haircuts. You have to be so specific. I started taking Evan to my hairdresser because I know she'll listen!! It was good to go the kids places at first so he wasn't scared of haircuts!