Friday, December 11, 2009

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Who would of thought..snow in Houston??? It was the craziest thing! The weather reporters were talking about it all week and of course here I am "I'll believe it when I see it". Well, I saw it and it wasn't just a little flurry here and there that you usually get in Texas. It probably snowed consistently for 3 hours here in Katy and I loved it; couldn't stop staring out the window! It reminded me of being in Germany in 2005 when Dave proposed. He laughs at me because I get so giddy when I see snow, and who could blame me I grew up in Texas for goodness sake! David seemed amused by it too! It started coming down fairly hard while we were leaving the grocery store. I kept telling him what it was and he would look up at the sky, let it hit his face and say "cold." So sweet, I never thought his first experience in snow would be at home! The only disappointing part was that it was coming down hard during his nap time so he missed the exciting part of it all. By the time he woke up the sun was peeking through and it was starting to melt, but that did not stop us from having a good time. He ran around the backyard with his little buddy Dylan, tasted snow for the first time, and had little cold red wet feet because mommy did not think about snow boots and does not even know to this day if you can even find them in Katy, Texas!

December 4, 2009






1 comment:

robby & amanda said...

how lucky were we to get snow?? i was soooo excited like you! :) Glad we all got pictures of our kids in the snow to show them when they are older as proof lol