Thursday, June 24, 2010

goodbye twenties....hello thirties

So, I am officially thirty and it isn't so bad!

Although Napa was our big birthday celebration; my amazing husband went above and beyond to make this particular birthday unforgettable. The festivities began Thursday evening with a surprise party at our favorite Mexican restaurant here in Katy. All of the mommies and kiddos from our play group and close friends who live out in Katy were there! I was completely shocked and amazed that he even pulled it off without me knowing. David loves birthdays and was so excited to help mommy blow out her candles.









On Saturday the hubby planned a dinner out at the Oasis in Austin with some close friends and family. We enjoyed the view, food and drinks. We picked the Oasis for several reasons, but the biggest was it being kid friendly. After dinner we took David up to the dance hall to see the live band. He is obsessed with guitars and music, so we just knew seeing it live for the first time would make his evening! He loved it; we even got to see some new dance moves on the dance floor!










I wanted to thank all my friends and family who made this birthday so special. I am truly blessed to have you all in my life; especially my husband Dave! I love you honey!!

2 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Happy 30th!

Amanda Green said...

what a great birthday! Glad you had a great 30!