Thursday, July 22, 2010

Painting with Blueberries

That's right! Did you know that July is National Blueberry Month??? Neither did I, but hey it was a great excuse to try a new craft out with the kiddos. We had David's friend Lachlann over the other day to attempt painting with blueberries. If you notice I use the word "attempt". That is because that is exactly what it was, a bad attempt! David was frustrated because he wanted to paint with his paints NOT the blueberries. He let me dunk his hand in and humored me for a little while as he flopped mushed blueberry juice on his poster board. He then was "over" it and wanted it off of his hands immediately. Lachlann hated the whole idea! She was so upset about the thought of getting her hands dirty; typical girly-girl! She sat there stirring the mixture and occasionally flinging whole blueberries onto her poster board, but when her mommy took the plunge and forced her hand into the bowl she got sooooo upset and started crying! Quite the experience let me tell you and I will not even bother posting the directions on here because I wouldn't recommend doing it! The best part of it all was after they were done creating their masterpieces Katie and I looked at each other in disgust because while admiring their artwork we soon realized it might start to smell and mold! We decided we would save them to show off to the daddies and then throw them out; well David's is still in the kitchen but I plan on tending to that shortly!





No comments: