Monday, March 22, 2010

our attempt at the zoo....

I am starting to think that overall trips to the zoo are not for the Roser family; last year the extreme heat and this year one cranky toddler. We did not even make it to the children's area because he was such a mess! Not even the ice cream break, which we had to take within the first ten minutes, made it better. The funny thing is when I uploaded the pictures from this fiasco I had to laugh because he actually made it look like he was having a good time (again, it is the posing for the camera thing). He was more interested in taking pictures than he was looking at the animals. He didn't want to sit in his stroller so he was allowed to walk only if he held mommy or daddy's hand which "Mr. I want to be in control" was not so happy about majority of the time. At one point he just threw himself on the ground right in the middle of a a busy walk way! I had to pull the "David if you don't get up and walk with mommy we will go bye-bye." I was horrified until a mother passing by said " I can't tell you how many times we have had to say that today!" I think the only thing he did enjoy was the elephants; they seem to be a fav around here these days. Needless to say we will not be going to the zoo again anytime soon!












2 comments:

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

You could have fooled us with those pictures. It really does look like y'all had a great time at the zoo. But I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from!!!

Melissa Roser said...

I agree, you would never know David was not "feeling" the zoo. He is getting so big and cuter by the day.